Friday, August 20, 2010

LeBron Zoom Soldier IV - A Closer Look


Today we will take a closer look at the Nike Zoom Soldier IV.


As opposed to the unique looks for the first three Zoom Soldier models, I initially found the ZS4 to look a little generic. With a standard mid-foot strap and un-exciting Air Max cushioning in the heel, this model does not have any noticeable features like its predecessors.



But after I took a good look at the shoe's details and gave them a wear casually, I found the shoe to be a nice alternative to the Air Max Lebron VII.




Out of all the Soldier models, I found the ZS1 to be the most visually appealing...


Not a bad hooping shoe, but I thought it was better to rock these. These ran a bit on the small side. My favorite Soldier by far...


While the ZS2 was an excellent "kick around" with its rough mudguard and hard outsole, I found these to be a bit bulky for hooping...


These also ran a bit small. The ZS2 is an excellent everyday shoe...


As for the ZS3, I found this model to be the best performing on the court.


The lightest of the Soldier series, the ZS3 has two functional midfoot straps & excellent cushioning. These ran closer to true size but still a tad on the small side (narrow, if anything).

Other than this month's Bike-A-Thon in Akron...


...where he wore the white/black/red colorway ZS4...


...we may not see him wear this model in competition unless he wears it during the pre-season.
LeBron even shied away from the Soldier series in his last playoff run with the Cavs, opting instead for the lighter Lebron VII PS (Post Season)...


And since he is not competing in this year's FIBA World Championships, Bron won't be seen wearing his newly released "United We Rise" (UWR) ZS4...


We may also not see as many player exclusives (PE) colorways like in year's past (like Akron, SVSM or Christ The King HS special make-ups). The only one I have seen thus far is this pink ZS4 (left)...


Initially, I am not a fan of the Air Max Lebron VIII...


(Well, maybe just the obsidian AML 8 low-top that Maverick Carter was seen sporting lately)...


...so for now I'll keep dabbling with the ZS4 till I give in to the AML8!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The life of FlintGrey...kicks, kicks....and, well...what else is there?

Followers