Tuesday, March 9, 2010

I Hate 3M


I must be getting old. I used to love pop music. My roommates in college called me "Top 40 Ron". Now, I can't stand it. "Call me Mr. Flintstone, I can make your bed rock"? C'mon. Garbage. I've been listening to more classic rock and alternative rock. Today's pop music is horrible.

To further my aging process, I hate 3M on sneakers. I know that's blasphemy in sneakerdom, but I really do. I hate the way they photograph. I hate it when you get stains on them because you can't get them out. I feel like I should be 10 years old wearing a shiny shoe.

Now every hypebeast is reading this saying "psssht, whatchu smokin FlintGrey", but hey...I don't care how hot/limited/exclusive a sneaker is: if its predominantly 3M, I'll pass.

One of the most coveted Nike SB sneaker is the Medicom Dunk Low...



Simple. Clean. Hot. OK, where's my camera...I'm gonna turn the flash on and snap a quick...


Blah! What happened!? Yuck! What the f*ck! Horrible!

I passed on the Toro Bravo AJ 5 pack last year once I found out the blackish grey pair was 3M...

I will say that 3M is effective when used in a subtle way. On these MF Doom SB Dunk Highs, I think the piping executes the 3M material nicely...


And on the classic Air Max 97 colorway...3M accents the silver upper beautifully...


But to totally contradict everything I just wrote above, a friend of mine just called to chat about the upcoming AJ VI releases. I told him I like the Oreo 6 this month and the white/red 6 in June. He mentioned liking the Lakers AJ 6 dropping in a month or so. I told him I am not sure which version was dropping -- the early pics Ming showed us with a 3M upper...


...or this nasty, broke-*ss looking all-suede version...



Well, maybe I'm not getting old after all...

1 comment:

About Me

My photo
The life of FlintGrey...kicks, kicks....and, well...what else is there?

Followers