Thursday, May 20, 2010

"Drums Please..." (Will Smith voice)



Summertime! It's approaching 70 today and it's supposed to be sunny in the 80s this weekend. Time to stash the leather and bust out the mesh & canvas! Living in Chicago, it's the sneaker time of year to switch from high-tops to low-tops. These next three months I live in running shoes and casual sneakers.

My usual go-to sneaker is the Converse All Star Low. These shoes are timeless. They are as comfortable as comfortable can be and you can wear them with anything. But here are a week's worth of Nikes I plan on rocking this summer...

Sunday (Nike All Court Low)


Similar to a Converse Jack Purcell low, this canvas shoe is a must. There are some suede versions out there (like the Fragment x Tier Zero green & mustard yellow quickstrikes) but I'll stick to the breathable canvas pairs. The birch colorway is dope too...


Monday (Nike Air Max Light "World Cup 2010")


The Nike Air Max Light is my favorite Air Max model. This summer Nike is dropping several World Cup themed colorways. My favorite are the South Korea (above) or the Holland (below) colorways.


Tuesday (Nike Dunk Low SB "Koston")


The first Nike SB Dunk I've beasted over in years. Celebrating pro skater Eric Koston, these lows (out in June) & the Thai Temple Highs are pure money.

Wednesday (Nike Air Max 180 ND)


It's been awhile since a hot AM 180 colorway dropped. This Aqua Air Jordan VIII colorway certainly screams summer!

Thursday (Nike Lunar Mariah "ACG Pack")


As hot as the regular Mariah from the ACG pack is, the Lunar version is ten times hotter. And if you have never felt Lunar foam, you are missing out. These are comfy as hell!

Friday (Nike Air Max 24-7 "Attack Pack")


I am bound to get an earful for liking these from my AM FAM bretheren, but this metallic silver/volt colorway from the "Attack Pack" has me sold on these. This hybrid model combines the AM95, AM97 and AM2009.

Saturday - Nike SB Stefan Janoski "Perf"


My favorite shoe of the summer - the Stefan Perfs. It just reminds me of the classic Nike GTS from years past. The only downfall of these is that they are leather. You might say they remind of some Keds or K-Swiss Classics, but this shoe is all that and a bag of chips.

1 comment:

  1. when do the perfs drop? went by belmont army to check them out and i didn't see them!

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My photo
The life of FlintGrey...kicks, kicks....and, well...what else is there?

Followers