Saturday, October 20, 2012

Gym-boree



Today the "Gym Red" Jordan Spiz'ike drops in stores.  It probably the third most anticipated Nike shoe dropping today (Air Trainer 1 "Chlorophyll" & Kobe 7 "Invisibility Cloaks" re-issue topping it) and may still be chastised by OG Jordan purists, but it's definitely a hybrid shoe that has stood the test of time.

The Spiz'ike originally dropped in October 2006 as a tribute to Spike Lee's relation to Air Jordans.  His character Mars Blackmon from "She's Gotta Have It" became synonymous with early Air Jordan commercials.  The shoe is a mashing of the Air Jordan models 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 & 20.

I wanted to show you my top five colorways of the Spiz'ike shoe (which may get rearranged after this Gym Red version is had!)


5. White/Cement colorway: Long before the 2012 white/Cement IV retro dropped, the 1999 issue was all that we had for a classic colorway till these released in 2007.


4. "Kings County" colorway: Brooklyn sits in Kings County, the hometown of Spike Lee, and this colorway represents where he's from. Ugly in pictures, solid on your foot.


3. "Mars Blackmon" colorway: I can't begin to tell you how many people thought I was wearing Fire Red 3s whenever I would wear these. A nice cluster of OG colorways on this bad boy.


2. "Black/varsity red/classic green" colorway: A flip on the original white colorway, this pair was my go-to winter shoe for awhile. Tanks!


1. "The OG" colorway: The Spiz'ike that started it all.  This white/varsity red/cool grey/classic green colorway dropped in 2006 in limited numbers in New York (4,032 pairs, hand numbered). I believe proceeds of this shoe went tohis alma mater Morehouse College.  Word to my man Rich "Maze" Lopez of Kix & The City who helped me land this pair. My favs!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
The life of FlintGrey...kicks, kicks....and, well...what else is there?

Followers